Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"BIF! Bam! POW! I know NOSSING!"

NOT JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT - BRIDGED

However, I'm modifying this report, because as I've posted this, the guys in our industry have raged defensively against how women and girls are treated, and demanded to know where it's happening, so they can defend their colleagues and fellow fans. 

If this has made everybody so touchy they simply will not tolerate the abuse, whether on the internet or in business practices, our work (and I mean other comics professionals who have been demanding and pursuring action for years) is done. 

Or at least the Bridge of The Geese had been built for the boys.

BUT - from what I've seen of the industry response from the boys, in reality, for any problems with the hard cases, I'm calling the cops or the ACLU. I'd just as soon not be told, again, to suck it up like the black people do. No, I'm not kidding.

2 comments:

Glenn said...

And in a lot of main stream literature and society in general, including, but not limited to advertising. And your point is?

Glenn said...

Hmm, my first comment was eaten. I'll try again, more succinctly. There's a rape culture in America. Comics is one manifestation of it.