Thursday, March 13, 2008

Roughing It





Here are the first pages of "Musswolf" -- rough and finished -- I'm happy with. It's much closer to an original script I thought I wasn't pleased with.









As you can see, the Rotring (r) pen originals leave a lot of play in the final pen-marker-watercolor work. I don't like to have my line pinned down by too much detail; it's more fun to let it happen. It's the way I write; the characters have all the say, because that's often what sets the path in life.

Meeting a cougar on the path can have many outcomes, depending on our characters' instinctive reactions: screaming and running, throwing rocks, running to get a gun, running to get a camera, standing and staring in awe, or -- and very probably with me and a certain sibling -- putting out a hand and cooing, "Here, kitty kitty kitty."

Now go see my review for a wonderful new book at Associated Content

Visit The Little Store

No comments: